ACoP L56 is updated – this Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) and guidance gives practical advice on the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations.
I posted earlier on landlord fines for gas safety installation and use failings. This post is here.
Cardinal Environment’s tailored Gas Safety Register is updated. This register is selected for by subscribers to the paid-for Cardinal Environment Tailored EHS Legislation Registers service.
The ACoP fourth edition includes the following changes (per the HSE):
– Guidance and ACOP on standards of training in safe gas installation are included (in Part B) from COP20 ‘Standards of training in safe gas installation. Approved Code of Practice’, which is due to be withdrawn early 2014
– Guidance for landlords under regulation 36 is removed and replaced with a small amount of ACOP text. Refer to HSE Landlord’s responsibilities.
– The material on ‘requirements for appliances and flues’ formerly contained in Appendix 1 is updated and is found in Appendix 3.
– Examples of unsafe situations are removed – details are in the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations procedure.
– Lists of standards and regulations have been removed. A list of appropriate standards etc is available from Gas Safe Register.
– Minor revisions have been made to the definition of gas fitting and gas work (regulation 2), and to regulation 27 material (to reflect concerns around flues in voids)
– The material in Part C, Meters and regulators, is updated, partly to reflect the introduction of smart meters.