Britain’s Health and Safety Executive has a new 2016 health and safety system strategy – it’s called ‘Helping Great Britain work well’.
The new strategy is located here. Subscribers to Cardinal Environment Tailored EHS Legislation Registers should email me if they wish this to be added to OHS Register 101 in their websystem. The strategy does not supplant the existing enforcement approaches.
Six strategic themes : key points
- There needs to be broader ownership of health and safety
- It is important to highlight and tackle the costs of work-related ill health
- Wider recognition is needed of the business benefits that come with proportionate approaches to risk
- Too many SMEs are still unaware that straightforward advice and simple guidance is available that can help them manage their health and safety responsibilities
- We all need to horizon scan and ‘design-in’ effective risk management of new or emerging technologies and business modelsThere are benefits for Great Britain and British industries by promoting our health and safety approach around the world
The London Mayor has announced the present agreed Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) for London will be extended to the North and South Circular Roads and come into force one year earlier, in 2019.
Here is access to the present agreed ULEZ and how it will operate. I will Blog again once the Mayor’s revised plans are agreed.
NICE is the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. It is an independent organisation, set up by the Government in 1999, that provides national guidance and advice to improve health and social care.
NICE Guidelines (NG13) published June 2015, last updated March 2016, covers how to improve the health and wellbeing of employees, with a focus on organisational culture and the role of line managers.
In March 2016, NICE added recommendations about older employees, aged over 50 in paid or unpaid work.
NG13 is here. Subscribers to Cardinal Tailored EHS Legislation Registers should email me if they wish this guidelines to be added to their OHS Registers, specifying which OHS Register.
The US has detailed rules for underground storage tanks (USTs), these changed in 2015.
Follow this link for access to those rules and guidance on them.