Britain’s Health and Safety Executive has a new 2016 health and safety system strategy – it’s called ‘Helping Great Britain work well’.
The new strategy is located here. Subscribers to Cardinal Environment Tailored EHS Legislation Registers should email me if they wish this to be added to OHS Register 101 in their websystem. The strategy does not supplant the existing enforcement approaches.
Six strategic themes : key points
- There needs to be broader ownership of health and safety
- It is important to highlight and tackle the costs of work-related ill health
- Wider recognition is needed of the business benefits that come with proportionate approaches to risk
- Too many SMEs are still unaware that straightforward advice and simple guidance is available that can help them manage their health and safety responsibilities
- We all need to horizon scan and ‘design-in’ effective risk management of new or emerging technologies and business modelsThere are benefits for Great Britain and British industries by promoting our health and safety approach around the world