The Exit day is 31st October 2019 (the UK Statutory Instrument is now laid)
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has updated its Notice aimed specifically at UK businesses:
* holding or seeking authorisations for genetically modified (GM) food or feed
* holding or seeking authorisations for animal feed additives
* exporting animal feed products to the EU
* that have applications to update the list of feed for particular nutritional purposes (PARNUTS) pending at the time of EU exit
* that represent companies that are based in non-EU countries which rely on UK representation for EU trade
Rules from 31 October 2019
Businesses within the scope of this notice will need to be established in the EU or EEA, or have a representative that is established in the EU or EEA if they wish to trade in the EU. The EEA includes Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
The role of the representative is to provide assurance that the non-EU establishment complies with EU legislation.
The Notice sets out what businesses need to do – here.
Information requests and questions may be emailed to the Food Standards Agency: firstname.lastname@example.org.
[the Exit day may change, in addition the Withdrawal Agreement may be ratified, please keep following this Blog]