Exit day is 31st October.
Today, HMG republished instructions (dated 23rd May) for companies in the Defence Sector – here.
Linked are instructions (published 1st February, updated 14th March) for companies in the Aerospace Sector – here.
A few things to point out –
(1) Companies must continue right to work checks on all EU/EEA and Swiss citizens, by using their passport or national identity card, until January 2021.
(2) EU/EEA and Swiss citizens who were resident in the UK before or after the UK leaves the EU, do not need to be distinguished.
(3) EU/EEA and Swiss citizens who are resident in the UK before Exit day will be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to get settled or pre-settled status. EU/EEA and Swiss citizens must apply by 31 December 2020 (if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, which is now the most likely).
(4) EU, EEA and Swiss citizens arriving in the UK from Exit Day to 31 December 2020 can continue to come to the UK, but if they want to stay for longer than 3 months, they must obtain European Temporary Leave to Remain (NOTE : instructions are not updated since February – here).
(5) Irish citizens can continue to work in the UK under the Common Travel Area arrangement.
The Defence Sector document gives important instructions on certifications, chemical registrations, and goods conformity assessment. Please read these, and take appropriate steps.
None of this is new.