The government (DHSC) has today (31st March) published its PPE specification – here.
This covers –
(2) masks, including respirator masks and hoods
(3) eye protection
(1) All products must have their CE marking clearly evident on the product and/or packaging and must conform to the relevant directive:
Medical Devices Regulation 2017/745
(2) Any product that contains phthalates must be indicated on the packaging in accordance with:
Medical Devices Regulation 2017/745.
Personal Protective Equipment Directive 89/686/EEC
(3) In accordance with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (as amended) (COSHH) safety data sheets for all products that fall under this Regulation must be provided to NHS Supply Chain.
(4) All products and packaging should be latex free where possible. Any products or packaging containing latex must be clearly labelled as such to inform the user.
(5) All products must be supplied with a minimum 3 years shelf life from the date of manufacture.
(6) Where applicable all products must be supplied with instructions for use and disposal/recycling instructions or symbols printed in English.
Please read the attached link – here – for the detailed requirements applicable to each product group.