I posted earlier with the European Commission Notices to Companies. The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has also issued advice to companies. This covers :
(3) CLP (Classification, Labelling & Packaging)
(4) BPD – Biocides (see also my earlier post on the European Commission Notice to Companies, and Q&A)
The ECHA information is accessed here.
I posted earlier re Medicines. The European Commission has now issued Notices to Business Operators in the following areas :
(1) GMOs – the Notice is here (this post will be updated when the Q&A is available).
(2) Biocides – the Notice is here and the Q&A is here.
(3) Pesticides and Plant Protection Products – the Notice is here and the Q&A is here.
Please pay close attention as the requirements differ with each legal instrument (topic).
New EU Regulation (EU) 528/2012 on biocides applies from 1st September 2013. Existing EU Directive 98/8/EC is repealed from that date. See here for the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) approval process for the active biocidal substance.
A dedicated IT platform (the Register of Biocidal Products) will be used for submitting applications, as well as recording decisions and disseminating information to the public. The new Regulation is also the first piece of EU legislation to incorporate the new European Commission definition of nanomaterials.
NB: the Regulation text creates an EU-wide authorisation of biocidal products that allows companies to place their products on the entire EU market.
The text of the EU Regulation is found here.
Information on the UK authorisation process is found here.