Welcoming the new 2015 Government in the UK, here are a few of the challenges ongoing:
* Deciding on the UK input to the Paris Climate Change summit in December.
On February 14 2015 the party leaders made a joint declaration on climate change – this is here.
* Addressing Coal Power Plants that are not upgraded to meet the EU Large Combustion Plant Directive.
* Bringing NOx in ambient air within air quality standards – my blog post on the UK Supreme Court decision is earlier.
* Providing for improved Nature and Habitat protection to mitigate and reverse recorded loss.
* Tackling persistent water pollution still being caused by some Sewage Treatment Plants – my blog post on this is earlier.